Music

  • David Bowie
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Motionless in White
  • Blaqk Audio
  • Aiden
  • William Control
  • Jeffree Star
  • AFI

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Triumvirate, From 9/28/10

Why am I afraid to leave?
It’s clear from here that there’s air.
I can see the trees rustling from the window
They dance and sway from across my room.
I see people pass by.
I see them walking, normal, bored.
It rains. It stops. The coldness pervades them.
I am trapped in this heated, sheltered space.
I don’t need this protection anymore.
I’ll never be free.
I am overheated, afraid of the cold.
But it’s not my enemy. It’s a long-forgotten friend.
He misses me. I long to see him.
I have to go, or we’ll never meet again.
Please stay.

Why is there wide-eyed fear?
You look at me.
You can’t see me.
I stare back and you shy away.
It’s no use.
Our mouths are to speak
Not to gape in horror.
If you cannot speak to me
For what reason do you smile?
I am a person, just like you.
I need the same things
Not only you need to be loved.
I am dismayed but not discouraged.
I walk away
These legs were made to move
So while I can run
You’ll never understand.

I may not be as sharp as a whip
I may not bite with this tongue.
But I can write you verses
I can meddle with your heartstrings
Your long forgotten melodies.
I’ll devastate your mind.
I’ll caress it, soft
Before I tear it apart lovingly
And savor the beauty of your agony.
But it’s not true, is it?
Are you just a bystander, then?
Do you wonder like the others?
Does your psyche lack the glue?
I am never ready.
But here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment